This course aims to equip staff with the required understanding and skills necessary to be aware of failing Mental Capacity. To understand the legal implications of a person with the lack of capacity and to assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of a suitable support system for that individual.
Max of 20 delegates
Lack of Capacity can be temporary or permanent and can affect different people in different ways at different times of their lives. It can be a gradual decline in mental awareness or suddenly brought on by accident or illness.
Specifically the training shows how the MCA interacts with the day to day activities of the Carer and how the Carer must adapt the duties of care to that individual.
The course also includes the Deprivation of Liberty (D.o L.) Safeguards.
- To recognise the need for action when a person starts to show signs of a lack of Mental Capacity.
- To understand the legal system governing the Mental Capacity Act and see the need for such a system to empower and protect vulnerable people.
- To be made aware that their input may be required along with other professionals to assist in the decision making process for some people who lack Mental Capacity.
If 2 half day sessions of the same course are booked for the same day, the second course is half price.
- Course content
- What, why, who and when is the lack of Mental Capacity
- Why we need the Mental Capacity Act (MCA)
- Leglislation relating to MCA and Deprivation of Liberty (DoL)
- Assessing & testing Mental Capacity
- Best interests of the person with a lack of Mental Capacity
- The need of good record keeping
- New criminal offences under the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- All employees at induction, selected employees as re-familiarisation is required or to update legislative knowledge.
- There are no pre requisites for this course although a good understanding of English is required.
- The delegates will be issued with a certificate which will provide knowledge evidence towards Diploma’s in Health & Social Care levels 2 & 3.
- All course handouts are provided.
- Group price £310.00 + Vat for a max of 20 delegates
Group price £290.00 + Vat for 10 or less delegates