The aim of this 1/2 day course is to ensure that each individual is enabled to express sexual identity and experience a range of relationships of their choosing. This does not mean support for abusive, violent or inappropriate sexual behaviours which could offend others.
Max of 20 delegates
The course contains group exercises where staff can discuss and develop strategies used to give appropriate care and advice to clients in their care.
In-house courses are available groups of up to 20 candidates.
If 2 half day sessions of the same course are booked for the same day, the second course is half price.
- Course content
- Legal aspects
- What is sexuality
- Same sex relationships
- Sexual abuse and exploitation
- Sexual expression and relationships
- Pornography and sexual aids
- Sex education for service users
- All employees who are caring for clients with learning disabilities
- There are no pre requisites for this course although a good understanding of English is required.
- Attendance certificates will be issued from Ashtree and can be used to provide evidence for Diploma’s in Health & Social Care levels 2 and 3.
- All course handouts are provided.
- Group price £310.00 + Vat for a max of 20 delegates
Group price £290.00 + Vat for 10 or less delegates