Being able to recognise the early signs and symptoms of various common conditions which can effect the elderly, facilitates that the care given is appropriate and sensitive to the clients needs. The course contains group exercises where staff can discuss medical conditions they deal with and strategies used to give appropriate care. Practical advice is given on how the conditions affect the role of the carer & the effects of prescribed medications.
Max of 20 delegates
On completion of the course delegates will:
- Be aware of the common medical conditions affecting the elderly
- Be able to recognise early symptoms and give appropriate care
- Be able to report changes in client health to senior staff
- Understand the reasons for client actions related to medical conditions
The training provides some medical knowledge of the conditions covered but concentrates on early signs of the conditions and how the symptoms can affect the client, carer and relatives.
In-house courses are available for groups of up to 20 candidates.
- Course content
- Hearing Difficulties
- Skin Care
- Pressure Sores
- Hodgkin’s Disease
- All employees whose role is to care for the elderly
- There are no pre requisites for this course although a good understanding of English is required.
- Attendance certificates will be issued from Ashtree and can be used to provide evidence for Diploma’s in Health & Social Care levels 2 and 3.
- All course handouts are provided.
- Group price £310.00 + Vat for a max of 20 delegates
Group price £290.00 + Vat for 10 or less delegates