This course is an introductory programme that would be beneficial to anyone who has not accessed training on safeguarding issues before or who is seeking to refresh previous training. The course includes topics such as Deprivation of Liberty (DoL) and Dignity & Respect in the care environment.
Max of 20 delegates
By the end of the programme participants will:
- Be able to define person abuse
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of abuse
- Know the procedures in cases of suspected abuse
- Safeguarding and legislation
- Be able to describe the barriers to the identification of abuse.
- Have an understanding of the Deprivation of Liberty (DoL) standards.
- Be fully aware that everyone has the basic human right to Dignity & Respect.
In-house Safeguarding (SOVA) Training courses are available for groups of up to 20 candidates.
If 2 half day sessions of the same course are booked for the same day, the second course is half price.
- Course content
- Who can be abused?
- Where does abuse occur?
- Types of abuse
- Your company’s policy on abuse
- How do you recognise abuse?
- Who are abusers?
- What can we do about abuse?
- How to report concerns
- How the Deprivation of Liberty fits into abuse.
- Dignity & Respect as a basic human right.
- Whistle blowing
- Good practice
- All employees
- There are no pre requisites for this course although a good understanding of English is required.
- Attendance certificates will be issued from Ashtree and can be used to provide evidence for Diploma’s in Health & Social Care levels 2 and 3.
- All course handouts are provided.
- Group price £310.00 + Vat for a max of 20 delegates
Group price £290.00 + Vat for 10 or less delegates