Successful completion of this Safe Moving & Handling course will prepare students to look carefully at their own work activities and contribute to the development of safer methods and tasks, in co-operation with their managers and supervisors.
The qualification is not intended to train students to carry out manual handling assessments nor to provide detailed training on handling techniques bit a general overview of the hazards involved whilst carrying out normal manual handling operations, it is designed to get delegates to look closely at their everyday activities & suggest improvements to achieve a Safe Moving & Handling regime across the company.
While this unit of study can be a stand alone qualification it is recommended that students should already hold the Level 2 Award in Health & Safety.
By the end of the manual handling training course the student will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by the term ‘manual handling’ and give examples.
- Explain how manual handling can cause injury and give examples.
- State the principles for controlling manual handling risks and apply these in a practical context.
- Demonstrate a general understanding of the value of conducting a manual handling assessment and what employees can expect of such assessments.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations.
- Course content.
- The process of manual handling in the workplace.
- Manual handling injuries and the activities which cause them.
- Manual handling assessment and control options.
- Responsibilities imposed by the Manual Handling Operations Regulations.
- Employees who need specific training in this area as a result of detailed Risk Assessment. The working environments may include warehousing, retail, agriculture or any area where a degree of manual lifting / moving is a requirement of the job role.
- A basic understanding of Health & Safety systems would be beneficial. An understanding of English as the exam is a multi choice test.
- The accredited certificate will be issued to delegates on successful completion of the exam. The certificate is issued by the Awarding Organisation (AO) and is recommended to be refreshed every 3 years.
- The course is of 3 hours duration for a maximum of 12 delegates and is followed by a short multi choice test of 30 questions. The successful delegate will pass with 20 or more correct answers.
If 2 half day sessions are booked for the same day, the second course is half price.
- Group price £300.00 + £9.00 / delegate for accreditation + Vat for a maximum of 12 delegates.
Group price £280.00 + £9.00 / delegate for accreditation + Vat for 6 or less delegates.