Successful completion of this course will prepare students to look carefully at their own work activities and contribute to the development of safer methods and tasks, in co-operation with their managers and supervisors.
The qualification is not intended to train students to carry out manual handling assessments nor to provide detailed training on handling techniques.
While this unit of study can be a stand alone qualification it is recommended that students should already hold the Level 2 Award in Health & Safety.
By the end of the manual handling training course the student will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by the term ‘manual handling’ and give examples.
- Explain how manual handling can cause injury and give examples.
- State the principles for controlling manual handling risks and apply these in a practical context.
- Demonstrate a general understanding of the value of conducting a manual handling assessment and what employees can expect of such assessments.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations.
- Course content.
- The process of manual handling in the workplace.
- Manual handling injuries and the activities which cause them.
- Manual handling assessment and control options.
- Responsibilities imposed by the Manual Handling Operations Regulations.
- Employees who need specific training in this area as a result of detailed Risk Assessment. The working environments may include warehousing, retail, agriculture or any area where a degree of manual lifting / moving is a requirement of the job role.
- A basic understanding of Health & Safety systems would be beneficial. An understanding of English as the exam is a multi choice test.
- The accredited certificate will be issued to delegates on successful completion of the exam. The certificate is issued by the Awarding Organisation (AO) and is recommended to be refreshed every 3 years.
- The course is of 3 hours duration for a maximum of 12 delegates and is followed by a short multi choice test of 30 questions. The successful delegate will pass with 20 or more correct answers.
If 2 half day sessions are booked for the same day, the second course is half price.
- Group price £300.00 + £9.00 / delegate for accreditation + Vat for a maximum of 12 delegates.
Group price £280.00 + £9.00 / delegate for accreditation + Vat for 6 or less delegates.