Successful completion will prepare students to look carefully at their own work activities and contribute to the safer use of hazardous substances in co-operation with their managers and supervisors. While this unit of study can be delivered as a stand-alone qualification and there are no specific pre-requisites, it is strongly recommended that students should already hold the Level 2 Certificate in Health and Safety in the Workplace.
This course can also be delivered as a non accredited session which eliminates the need for an examination and therefore reduces the overall price.
If a second course were to be booked for the same day at the same location then the second course would be half price.
By the end of the course the student will be able to:
- explain what is meant by the term ‘substance hazardous to health’ and give examples.
- explain how hazardous substances can cause ill-health and injury and give examples.
- state the different ways in which hazardous substances may be identified.
- state the principles for controlling substances hazardous to health and apply these in a practical context.
- demonstrate a general understanding of the value and purposes of conducting a CoSHH assessment and what employees can expect of such assessments.
- demonstrate an understanding of the main provisions of the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002.
In-house CoSHH Training courses are available throughout England & Wales.
- Course content.
- Definition and types of substances hazardous to health in the workplace.
- Health effects on the body of hazardous substances and their causes.
- CoSHH assessments and control options.
- Responsibilities imposed by the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002.
- All employees who have contact with hazardous substances in the work place and/or are required to contribute to the CoSHH Risk Assessments.
- There are no pre-requisites for this course although it would be beneficial if employees already held the Level 2 Award, Health & Safety in the Workplace. An understanding of English is necessary as the accredited course is concluded with a short multi choice test and the course is conducted in English.
- The accredited course is certificated through the Awarding Organisation (AO), certificates are valid for 3 years.
If it was decided to deliver this session as a non accredited unit then the assessment would be on a continual basis by the trainer and certificated internally by Ashtree.
- The course is of 3 hours duration and is followed by a short multi-choice test for a maximum of 20 delegates.
- Group price £300.00 + £8.00 / person for accreditation + Vat for a max of 20 delegates
Group price £280.00 + £8.00 / person for accreditation + Vat for 10 or less delegates