Max of 12 delegates.
The 2 day Paediatric First Aid course meets the requirements of Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) 2014 for Ofsted-regulated child-care settings and the HSE recommendations for Emergency First Aid at Work and can be linked to Diploma units. This certificate allows the holder to work with children within this environment in a first aid role, the certificate remains current for 3 years from the date of issue. Under the new regulations (Oct 2013) this course becomes Ofqual regulated Level 3 (RQF) accredited.
The qualification consists of 2 mandatory units and can be taken on days to suit you:
- Level 3 Emergency Paediatric First Aid
- Level 3 Managing Paediatric illness, injuries and emergencies
The Paediatric First Aid course is 12 hours and is undertaken over 2 days, both must be completed within 6 weeks and can be scheduled in blocks to suit your timescales.
Successful completion of the level 3 course qualifies the holder to act as a ‘Paediatric First Aider’ in the workplace.
In-House Courses at your Premises
This course may be delivered at your premises for groups up to 12 delegates. This option enables the course to be run on dates of your choice and with the content related specifically to your area of responsibility.
- This course is highly participative and includes a practical assessment and short theory test with the following topics being discussed:
- Aims and principles of first aid
- What to do in an emergency
- Recognition of emergency illness
- Asphyxia – care of a choking casualty
- Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) infant / child / adult
- Assessment and treatment of bleeding and shock
- Assessment and treatment of fractures, dislocations, sprains & strains
- Assessment and treatment of burns and scalds
- Recognition & treatment of poisoning
- Recognition & treatment of Physiological Shock
- Recognition & treatment of Electric Shock
- Recognition & treatment of Head, neck and back injuries
- Treatment of foreign bodies in eyes, ears, noses & eye injuries
- Treatment of bites and stings
- Treatment for extreme heat / cold
- Treatment for febrile convulsions
- Recognition of childhood medical conditions including Meningitis
- Wound dressings
- Responding to emergency needs associated with: Epilepsy, Asthma, Diabetes, Sickle cell and other chronic conditions
- The first aid box and accident book
- Employees age 16 or over working in an environment with young children, child minders etc.
- There are no pre-requisites for this course although delegates will need to be capable of undertaking various practical elements of the course on the floor.
- Upon successful completion of the practical assessments and theory test the Awarding Organisation (AO) issue accredited certificates which are valid for 3 years.
- A suitably sized room will be needed for the duration of the course to allow for various practical sessions, we recommend the delegates to wear suitable / comfortable clothing for this course.
- Group price £600.00 + £10.00 / person for accreditation + Vat for 12 delegates max
Group price £580.00 + £10.00 / person for accreditation + Vat for 6 or less delegates
What training dates do you need? Use the “Course Enquiry” button at the top of the page or call us on Tel 02476 403840