Numbers on the Moving & Handling course are strictly limited to allow time for all delegates to practice the various transfer techniques and use of the transfer aids. The course includes informal discussions, practice in transfer techniques and case studies.
Max of 12 delegates
All Care Staff should be aware of:
- Care staff legal responsibilities and importance of risk assessment
- Safe back positions
- Techniques of client transfers
- Transfer aids and how it feels to be moved using them.
- How to hoist safely
- Importance of communication with client when transferring
- Importance of maintaining client dignity.
Courses conducted In-house enable your delegates to practice their lifting techniques in the actual surroundings and with the equipment they use everyday. Delegates attending the 1/2 day refresher training must have proof of a previous full days Moving & Handling certificate.
If 2 half day sessions of the same course are booked for the same day, the second course is half price.
- Course content
- Causes of Back / Shoulder Injuries
- Employer / Employee legal responsibilities
- The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
- The policy of the Royal College of Nursing
- Correct Body Positions
- Banned Lifts
- Techniques of Patient Transfers
- Use of Simple Transfer Aids
- Introduction to Risk Assessment
- All employees who ever have the need to perform any type of Moving / Handling with your clients. It is the Employers responsible to provide training to all employees in order to ensure the employee is “competent” to perform their duties.
- All delegates must be physically capable of undertaking practical exercises during the training session. A good understanding of English is required.
- Delegates on this course will receive an attendance certificate to show that they have received training under the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992. Full day certificates last for 3 years, refresher (1/2 day) certificates last for 1 year & must be refreshed annually.
- All course handouts are provided. The trainer will bring portable equipment to demonstrate, it is beneficial to have other equipment such as hoists, belts etc available for use during the training.
- Full day. Group price £320.00 + Vat for a max of 12 delegates.
Half Day Refresher. Group price £310.00 + Vat for a max of 12 delegates.
Full day. Group price £300.00 + Vat for 6 or less delegates.
Half Day Refresher. Group price £290.00 + Vat for 6 or less delegates.
If accreditation is required please add £10.00 + Vat / delegate. Full day only.