Many people who suffer with this condition are too embarrassed to seek help or assume that there is no cure, also, incontinence is considered by some to be socially unacceptable. This training enables the carer to understand the condition and develop strategies to manage the condition.
It should never be assumed that incontinence is an inevitable part of getting old.
Both types of incontinence cause much distress and loss of dignity. It should always be remembered that everyone has a right to dignity.
Max of 20 delegates
- Affects millions of people in the UK.
- Can occur in all age groups across all areas of society.
- In many cases can be cured or managed.
- Be able to define the types of incontinence.
- Recognise the signs & symptoms.
- Understand the loss of dignity associated with this condition.
- Be aware of the various strategies to manage the condition.
- Suggest equipment & coping strategies within Care Planning.
- Recognise the need for good hygiene in practice.
Numbers on the course are limited to a maximum of 20 delegates to allow for group exercises and discussions.
If 2 half day sessions of the same course are booked for the same day, the second course is half price.
- Course content
- An introduction into continence.
- Types of incontinence.
- Causes of incontinence.
- The Carers role.
- The management of continence.
- Care planning.
- Available equipment.
- Personal hygiene.
- Preventing pressure sores.
- Good practice.
- All employees / carers
- There are no pre requisites for this course although a good understanding of English is required.
- The course is attendance certificated and will provide evidence towards Diploma’s in Health & Social Care Levels 2 & 3.
- All course handouts are provided.
- Group price £310.00 + Vat for a max of 20 delegates.
Group price £290.00 + Vat for 10 or less delegates