- Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety in Catering
- Level 4 Award in Food Safety Management for Manufacturing
This qualification has replaced the CIEH Advanced Certificate in Food Safety.
Five day programme
Two assignments and an examination
Successful candidates will be able to deliver the Level 2 Food Safety Awards for Catering, Manufacturing and Retail (with appropriate training qualifications and skills).
The course is of five days duration followed by a half day for the examination. Candidates must be prepared to undertake 2 assignments in their own time. Assessment is on the basis of the two assignments (40% of the final mark) and a two and a half hour written paper (60% of the final mark). The pass mark is 60%. Those who gain a mark of 80% or more are awarded a credit certificate.
In-house courses are available throughout England & Wales.
- Course content.
- Food-borne illnesses
- Physical contamination of food
- Food storage, temperature control and preservation
- Design and construction of food premises and equipment
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Pest control
- Personal hygiene
- Training strategies
- Management control techniques
- Senior hygiene personnel
- Ideally the delegates should be qualified at Level 3 in a Food Safety related subject.
- Certificates are issued by the Awarding Organisation (AO) on successful completion of all assignments and the written exam paper.
- The course duration is over 5 days with an additional 1/2 day for the written exam. The days can be taken on pre-agreed dates to suit your convenience.
- Group price from £1530.00 + £73.00 / delegate (accreditation cost) + vat for a max of 10 delegates.