Although effective in theory, HACCP has been particularly difficult to establish in catering businesses because of the sheer number and variety of processes involved in preparing and serving food. But practical, accessible and user-friendly management tools have been created, notably the Safer Food Better Business (SFBB) pack adopted by the Food Standards Agency, to help caterers comply with the new regulations.
The Level 3 Award in Implementing Food Safety Management Procedures qualification examines HACCP and tools such as SFBB and will be invaluable for managers and proprietors of 400,000 small food businesses across the UK.
This level 3 course is equivalent to the previous ‘intermediate’ level.
- Enables businesses to implement food safety management systems
- Has flexibility to suit different types of business
- Develops an understanding of:
- the need for food businesses to adopt a system based on Codex HACCP principles
- the controls needed to protect the safety of food
- HACCP principles and their relevance to a catering food safety management system
- how tools such as SFBB can assist caterers to comply with the new regulations
- Successful candidates will gain exemption from part of the new CIEH Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering qualification.
In-house courses are available throughout England & Wales.
- Course content.
- the 12 steps in the HACCP process
- controls required to ensure food safety
- use of a management tool such as the FSA’s Safer Food Better Business
Primarily business owners and / or managers of small and medium sized catering and hospitality businesses, such as:
- sandwich shops
- pubs serving meals
- guest houses
- small hotels
- not-for-profit organisations
- health & social care providers preparing on-site meals
- in-house caterers and staff restaurants
- A suitable understanding of English is required as this Level 3 qualification requires the submission of a short assignment.
It is recommended that candidates should have some understanding and knowledge of basic food hygiene – ideally having gained the Level 2 Award in Food Safety or equivalent in the last three years.
- This one day course is assessed by a short assignment conducted at the end of the course. Certificates are provided by the Awarding Organisation (AO) after successful completion of the assignment.
- Successful candidates will gain exemption from part of the new Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering qualification.
- Group price £470.00 + £38.00 / del (accreditation cost) + vat for a max of 10 delegates
Group price £450.00 + £38.00 / del (accreditation cost) + vat for 5 or less delegates