This 3 hour course in Food Safety is designed to provide an introduction to Food Safety and raise awareness of Food Safety issues within the Catering, Manufacturing and Retail sectors. This is the entry level for Food Safety Qualification but does not qualify people to actually handle food, a level 2 qualification is required for this.
The course syllabus has the flexibility to enable training to be tailored to meet specific needs. Generally, it enables employees to:
- Take personal responsibility for following food safety procedures
- Keep themselves clean and hygienic
- Keep the work area clean and hygienic
Candidates will gain an understanding of the following:
- The basic requirements of Food Safety
- The need for good standards of personal hygiene
- The importance of good standards of hygiene in the work area
- The ability to identify key Food Safety issues
- Their responsibility for reducing contamination
- Refreshment of this qualification is recommended at least every 3 years.
In-house courses are available throughout the UK for a maximum of 20 delegates.
- Course content
- Consequences of poor hygiene
- Food safety hazards
- Personal hygiene
- The use of protective clothing
- The use of cleaning agents
- Correct disposal of waste
- Pest infestations
- Physical, biological and chemical contamination
This qualification is suitable for employees handling low risk or wrapped foods, waiting and check out staff, kitchen porters or warehouse staff.
Typical environments may include:
- Contract catering
- Fast-food outlets
- Cash and carries
- Residential and nursing homes
- Food processing / manufacturing
- Nursing homes
- Armed forces
- There are no pre-requisites with this course although the delegates need to undertake a multi choice test & therefore will need a level 1 understanding of English.
- The course is of 3 hours duration and is followed by a multi-choice examination paper, which may be conducted orally. The certificate lasts for 3 years and is issued by the Awarding Organisation (AO).
- The multi choice test is conducted under exam conditions so language assistance can be limited, however certain test papers are available in different languages but again these are limited. A translator can be used if necessary.
- Group price £300.00 + £7.00 / delegate accreditation cost + vat for 20 delegates max.
Group price £280.00 + £7.00 / delegate accreditation cost + vat for 10 or less delegates.