This 3 hour course in Infection Control covers the use of personal protective equipment, standard and transmission based precautions, occupational exposure prevention and clinical waste. This course is designed as an introduction to hygiene and ensures that vulnerable people are not exposed to unnecessary risks. It will help everyone, including those in private and voluntary health care sectors, to play their part in maintaining a clean and safe environment.
Max of 20 delegates
- Provides knowledge necessary to prevent the spread of infection in care environments
- A necessary qualification for all care staff working in the Social Care Sector
- Provides knowledge and understanding of:
- good hygiene practice
- hygiene hazards and risks can be controlled
- the importance of good personal hygiene
- the importance of high hygiene standards and cleaning
- Successful candidates will gain exemption from attending part of the CIEH Level 2 Award in Health and Social Care
On completing this qualification candidates will be able to:
- understand the terminology used in good hygiene best practice
- understand and be aware of hygiene hazards, precautions and how the risks can be controlled
- understand the importance of good personal hygiene and relevant legislation
- recognise the need for high standards of hygiene and the importance of cleaning
- Know your responsibilities
In-house courses are available throughout the UK
If 2 half day sessions of the same course are booked for the same day, the second course is half price.
- Course content
- Hygiene hazards
- The need for Personal Hygiene
- Cleaning and materials
- In house good practice
- Employer protocols & procedures
- Standard precautions
This is for employees who have already received basic health and safety training and would benefit from additional focused training in hygiene hazards and controls. This would include carers and others who provide cleaning and support services in a broad range of contexts, for example:
- nursing homes
- care homes
- patients / clients own homes
- residential schools
- There are no pre requisites for this course although knowledge of Basic & Safety would be useful and good understanding of English is required.
- Attendance certificates will be issued from Ashtree and can be used to provide evidence for Diploma’s in Health & Social Care levels 2 and 3.
- All course handouts are provided.
- Group price £310.00 + Vat for a max of 20 delegates
Group price £290.00 + Vat for 10 or less delegates