The Department of Health has drawn up a code of practice acknowledging that everyone involved in care provision needs training to tackle the risk of Health Acquired Infection (HCAI).
This new qualification will help everyone, including those in private and voluntary health care sectors, to play their part in maintaining a clean and safe environment.
Maximum of 20 delegates
- Provides knowledge necessary to prevent spread of infection in social care environments
- Provides knowledge and understanding of:
- good hygiene practice
- hygiene hazards and how risks can be controlled
- the importance of good personal hygiene
- the importance of high hygiene standards and cleaning
- Successful candidates will gain exemption from attending part of the Level 2 Award in Health and Social care
If 2 half day sessions of the same course are booked for the same day, the second course is half price.
- Course content
- Hygiene hazards
- Personal hygiene
- Thorough cleaning
- Recognise the risks of poor cleaning
- Carers and others who provide cleaning and support services. This is for employees who have already received basic health and safety training and would benefit from additional focused training in hygiene hazards and controls.
- There are no pre requisites for this course although an understanding of basic Health & Safety would be beneficial and knowledge of English is required.
- Successful delegates will be issued with certificates from Ashtree Management Services Ltd as non accredited. The certificates last for 3 years.
- All course handouts are provided. The course lasts for 3 hours.
- Group price £300.00 + Vat for a max of 20 delegates
Group price £280.00 + Vat for 10 or less delegates