This qualification is based on the Foundation Certificate in Health & Safety with new and updated content. The qualification can be tailored to individual customer needs to make the learning experience relevant and fit for purpose. If convenient, the group can be taken to an operational area to witness and discuss various aspects of work being undertaken, this may include a look into the CoSHH cupboard.
- Provides employees with an understanding of the principles of health and safety
- Enables employees to contribute to any health and safety management system
- Develops an understanding of:
- responsibilities placed on employers and employees
- hazard, risk and the main causes of harm to workers
- the importance of following systems, procedures and rules
- how individual action can reduce risks to health and safety
- Allows for training to be adapted to meet specific needs
On completing this qualification candidates will be able to:
- understand the principles of accident prevention
- understand that risk assessment is an important technique for accident and ill health prevention
- understand the risks associated with manual handling
- appreciate the nature and risks of hazardous substances
- understand how workplace equipment and task design affect health and safety
- understand the potential long term effects of exposure to noise and vibration
- Course content.
- the workplace and workplace equipment
- risk assessment
- manual handling
- hazardous substances
- ergonomics and workstation design
- noise and vibration
- This qualification is designed to ensure that all employees are aware of their own safety and the safety of customers, contractors and the public. It is applicable in any private or public sector environment.
- There are no pre-requisites for this course although an understanding of English is necessary as there is a multi choice exam at the end of the training.
- Upon successful completion of the exam, accredited certificates will be issued by the Awarding Organisation (AO), it is recommended the training is undertaken every 3 years.
- This 6 hour course is followed by a thirty question multi-choice examination paper, which may be conducted orally. Candidates achieving twenty or more correct answers will be awarded the Level 2 Award in Health & Safety in the Workplace.
- Group price £310.00 + £9.00 / del for accreditation + Vat for a maximum of 20 delegates
Group price £290.00 + £9.00 / del for accreditation + Vat for 10 or less delegates