This course includes the general H & S legislation needed for all employees across all sectors but also provides information specific to the Health & Social Care Sectors such as infection control, clinical waste disposal, working in an environment where challenging behaviour is an issue, CoSHH substances used / stored and fire evacuation procedures specific to this sector.
Our Health & Safety in Social Care Courses are designed for all care sector workers and are delivered by trainers who specialise in the Health & Social Care environment.
This course is also available as a 1/2 day refresher course for staff who have already undergone the full days training.
If 2 half day sessions of the same course are booked for the same day, the second course is half price.
This Health and Safety in Social Care course provides knowledge evidence to back up Diploma Levels 2 / 3 in Health & Social Care.
On completion of the course delegates will be aware of:
- Health & Safety Regulations relevant to their workplace
- Employees obligations under the Health & Safety at Work Act to themselves, clients, other staff and visitors
- Employees role in following and implementing the workplace policies and risk assessments
- Employees role in reporting hazards, accidents and other incidents in line with workplace policy
- Reinforcement of the workplace fire and evacuation policy
- Manual Handling injuries, safe practice and risk assessment for Manual Handling
- Standard precautions and responsibilities in Infection Control
The programme is flexible and can be adjusted to meet your requirements.