This one day course provides candidates with a good understanding and knowledge of Health and Safety in the Health and Social Care Sector. This accredited course provides general information that all employees in this sector must be familiar with from a legal standing, it provides information on specific social care systems / policy and procedures. Candidates completing this course will have a better understanding of their individual roles and responsibilities within the company and will gain an insight into how they fit into and contribute to the safe working practices of the business.
- Employees gain an understanding of:
- their health and safety responsibilities and those of their employers
- the main risks and hazards for patients / clients and carers
- the importance of following safe systems, procedures and rules
- hazards and controls in respect of safety and occupational health
- how their own actions can reduce health and safety risks
- The qualification has the flexibility to suit differing client needs
- A tailor-made course where the content is specifically focused on a market sector
Currently a 30 question multiple-choice examination, a pass mark is 20 or above correct answers.