- You will understand your responsibilities, and those of your employer, under UK and EU food hygiene regulations, and be able to explain the principles of food safety management systems.
- You will understand how premises should be designed to reduce hazards, and be aware of your responsibilities around cleaning and pest control.
- You will be aware of the importance of personal hygiene, how to carry out proper handwashing procedures, and recognise when it’s important to wash your hands.
- You will understand safe practices around food storage for different types of food, be able to explain the difference between ‘use by’ and ‘best before’ dates, and know how to carry out effective stock rotation
- You will be able to identify microbiological, physical, chemical, and allergenic hazards and understand why it’s important to control contamination and how you can control it