Max of 12 delegates.
First aid provides treatment for the purpose of preserving life and minimising the consequences of injury or illness until medical help arrives. It also provides treatment of minor injuries, which would otherwise receive no treatment.
Delegates on this course will receive an attendance certificate to show that they have received training under The Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 (supported by an Approved Code of Practice, revised 1997). Although non accredited, this course is acceptable to the authorities providing a Needs Risk Assessment has been undertaken confirming accreditation is not necessary due to the low level of hazard.
Our instructors are Ofqual regulated HABC accredited first aid trainers and have extensive experience in their field.
This 1 day course is offered in-house.
- The aims of first aiders
- The role & responsibilities of first aid trained staff
- Managing an incident
- Assessing signs & symptoms
- Making a diagnosis
- Dealing with minor injuries
- Recovery position
- CPR including the safe use of AED’s for adults & children
- Action on choking
- Severe bleeding
- Treatment for asthma
- Treatment for shock
- Any employee age 16 or over wishing to further their knowledge in School specific First Aid.
- There are no pre-requisites for this course although all delegates must be capable of undertaking the practical elements some of which are carried out on the floor.
- Certificates are issued by Ashtree as non accredited and will last 3 years from date of issue, the HSE are strongly recommending the use of 1/2 day annual refresher courses. Full candidate notes will be supplied.
- This course will require the provision of a suitably sized room to allow all candidates adequate space to practice CPR on an adult and junior resuscitation mannequin. There is no end of course test; certificates will be issued by Ashtree on the basis of tutor assessment of the candidate’s skills throughout the course.
- Group Price £310.00 + Vat for up to 12 delegates max.
Group price £290.00 + Vat for 6 or less delegates
What training dates do you need? Use the “Course Enquiry” button at the top of the page or call us on Tel 02476 403840