Max of 12 delegates.
Fist Aid at Work qualifications are designed to help organisations meet the minimum requirements for First Aiders in accordance with Health & Safety First Aid at Work Regulations (1981). Delegates on our First Aid at Work Refresher course will gain updated knowledge and skills to effectively perform a wide variety of First Aid procedures in the Workplace and deal with incidents until the arrival of the Emergency Services.
From October 2013 Ashtree offer the Ofqual accrediting system for First Aid at Work Refresher courses, this replaces the HSE accreditation with the new Level 3 (RQF) Award in First Aid at Work. The syllabus will remain the same but the assessment will be on a continual basis and will include an end of course multi choice examination. Call us if you need any clarification as to which course you need.
Aims & Objectives
To train and refresh staff skills in dealing safely with illness or injury which may happen at work.
Delegates will be required to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the principles of first aid at work including:
- the importance of personal hygiene in first aid procedures
- the legal framework for first-aid provision at work
- the use of first-aid equipment provided in the workplace
- the role of the first aider in emergency procedures
In-House Courses at your Premises
This 2 day course may be delivered at your premises for groups up to 12 delegates.
By the end of the First Aid at Work Refresher course participants will be able to:
- Act safely, promptly and effectively when an emergency occurs at work
- Administer cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) including the safe use of AED’s.
- Administer first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is unconscious
- Administer first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is bleeding.
- Administer first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who:
- has been burned or scalded
- is suffering from an injury to bones, muscles or joints
- is suffering from Physiological Shock
- has an eye injury
- may be poisoned
- has been overcome by gas or fumes
- Transport a casualty safely as required by the circumstances of the workplace
- To recognise common major illnesses and take appropriate action
- To recognise minor illnesses and take appropriate action
- To maintain simple factual records and provide information to other professionals
- Qualified First Aiders who wish to continue practicing as First Aiders in their Workplace.
- For staff who hold a current First Aid at Work (FAW) Certificate. A copy of the delegates current FAW certificate must be shown to the trainer on the first day of training. The delegate cannot start the training until the certificate has been verified.
- Accredited re-qualification certificates will be issued by the Awarding Organisation (AO) on the basis of tutor assessment of the candidate’s practical skills throughout the course and successful completion of the written test.
- This course will require the provision of a suitably sized room to allow all candidates adequate space to practice CPR on an adult and junior resuscitation mannequin.
- Group price £600.00 + £10.00 / person for accreditation + Vat for 12 delegates max
Group price £580.00 + £10.00 / person for accreditation + Vat for 6 delegates or less
What training dates do you need? Use the “Course Enquiry” button at the top of the page or call us on Tel 02476 403840