Max of 12 delegates.
Fist Aid at Work qualifications are designed to help organisations meet the minimum requirements for First Aiders in accordance with Health & Safety First Aid at Work Regulations (1981). Delegates will gain the knowledge and skills to effectively perform a wide variety of First Aid procedures in the Workplace and deal with incidents until the arrival of the Emergency Services.
Generally this First Aid at Work qualification is suited to larger organisations where the company employs in excess of 50 employees and/or is situated over multi sites and/or the nature of the business is catagorised as a medium to high risk environment. Suitably qualified “First Aiders” must always be available whilst the business is operating.
Three days including assessment.
- Course content.
- Health and safety administration and the duties of the first aider.
- The goal of the first aiders
- Handling an incident and developing an action plan.
- Initial assessment and carrying out a search
- Disorders of the breathing and respiratory system.
- Wounds and bleeding and the circulatory system. Emergency life support.
- Dressings and bandages.
- Head injuries and the causes of unconsciousness.
- Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) including the safe use of AED’s.
- Burns and scolds.
- Eye injuries and conditions
- Heat and cold on the body.
- Muscle, joint and bone injuries.
- Employees who wish to gain an understanding of First Aid and take on the roles & responsibilities to become the Works “First Aider”.
- Any responsible employee over the age of 16 who is physically capable of assisting a casualty as a result of illness or accident at work.
- Accredited certificates will be issued by the Awarding Organisation (AO) on the basis of tutor assessment of the candidate’s practical skills throughout the course and successful completion of the written test. The certificates are valid for 3 years at which time a 2 day re-qualification training course will be required in order to continue the role of Works “First Aider”
- This course will require the provision of a suitably sized room to allow all candidates adequate space to practice various practical elements as part of their training. Suitable comfortable clothing should also be worn by the delegates for the course.
- Group price £870.00 + £10.00 / person for accreditation + Vat for 12 delegates max
Group price £850.00 + £10.00 / person for accreditation + Vat for 6 delegates or less
What training dates do you need? Use the “Course Enquiry” button at the top of the page or call us on Tel 02476 403840