This Fire Safety Awareness level course is designed to provide your employees with the knowledge they are lawfully required to have in order to comply with all relevant legislation. The course is tailored to your Policy / procedures & will refresh memories and further embed this knowledge. Delegates on this course will understand how fire starts, spreads and puts lives at serious risk, by re-familiarising your employees with this knowledge it will assist them to help you in your fire prevention systems. Delegates will know what to do when the fire alarm sounds and where to go during your “drills”.
This course is fully compliant with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
This Fire Safety training courses can also be taken as an accredited Level 1 (QCF) if necessary to qualify for funding.
If 2 half day Fire Safety sessions are booked for the same day, the second course is half price.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- State their role in dealing with a Fire Emergency Situation.
- Identify fire safety hazards in their workplace.
- State how fires can be prevented in their workplace.
- Select and safely use appropriate fire fighting equipment (if required)
- State their individual responsibility in the workplace fire evacuation procedure
If you require your delegates to gain “hands on” experience with Fire Extinguishers then please tell us when booking the session & our expert will bring along a Water and CO2 extinguishers with them. Please note that if this is required then a suitable outside space is necessary.
In-house courses are available across England & Wales.
- Course Content.
- Fire Prevention
- The Fire Triangle.
- Identify fire hazards and potential hazards in the workplace and corrective action required to make the area safe.
- Types of fire.
- Fire Extinction
- Identify differences in fire fighting equipment.
- Fire extinguisher symbols
- Contents of extinguishers.
- Hose / Nozzle.
- Match correct equipment to type of fire.
- Safe and effective use of fire extinguishers (if required)
- Personal safety.
- Safe use of fire blanket.
- To fight or not to fight.
- Fire Evacuation
- Action to take when you discover a fire.
- Action to take when you hear the fire alarm.
- Calling the emergency services.
- Do’s and Don’ts during fire evacuation
- The Assembly Point.
- Assisting the Fire Brigade and what information they require.
- Contingency plans – what if’s?
- Fire Prevention
- All employees must attend Fire Safety Training on an annual basis.
- There are no pre requisites for this course
- Ashtree issue the non accredited certficates which last for 1 year. This course is also available as a Level 1 accredited course, these certificates are issued from the Awarding Organisation (AO) & are valid for 1 year.
- If extinguishers are required then suitable outside space is need. Delegates using extinguishers must be physically capable to lift & move full cylinders.
- Group price £285.00 + Vat (without extinguishers) for a max of 15 delegates
Group price £320.00 + Vat (with extinguishers) for a max of 15 delegates
For Level 1 accreditation (QCF) please add £8.00 + Vat per delegate.