This level 1 accredited Fire Safety course is designed to provide your employees with the knowledge they are lawfully required to have in order to comply with all relevant legislation. The course is tailored to your Policy / procedures & will refresh memories and further embed this knowledge. Delegates on this course will understand how fire starts, spreads and puts lives at serious risk, by re-familiarising your employees with this knowledge it will assist them to help you in your fire prevention systems. Delegates will know what to do when the fire alarm sounds and where to go during your “drills”.
This course is fully compliant with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
If 2 half day Fire Safety sessions are booked for the same day, the second course is half price.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- State their role in dealing with a Fire Emergency Situation.
- Identify fire safety hazards in their workplace.
- State how fires can be prevented in their workplace.
- Select and safely use appropriate fire fighting equipment (if required)
- State their individual responsibility in the workplace fire evacuation procedure
In-house courses are available across England & Wales.
- Fire Prevention
- The Fire Triangle.
- Identify fire hazards and potential hazards in the workplace and corrective action required to make the area safe.
- Types of fire.
- Fire Extinction
- Identify differences in fire fighting equipment.
- Fire extinguisher symbols
- Contents of extinguishers.
- Hose / Nozzle.
- Match correct equipment to type of fire.
- Safe and effective use of fire extinguishers (if required)
- Personal safety.
- Safe use of fire blanket.
- To fight or not to fight.
- Fire Evacuation
- Action to take when you discover a fire.
- Action to take when you hear the fire alarm.
- Calling the emergency services.
- Do’s and Don’ts during fire evacuation
- The Assembly Point.
- Assisting the Fire Brigade and what information they require.
- Contingency plans – what if’s?
- Fire Prevention
- All employees must have Fire Safety training on an annual basis.
- There are no pre requisites for this course.
- These accredited certificates are issued from the Awarding Organisation (AO) & are valid for 1 year.
- Delegates using extinguishers must be physically capable to lift & move full cylinders.
- Group price £320.00 + Vat (with extinguishers) + £8.00 / delegate for accreditation for a max of 15 delegates
Group price £300.00 + Vat (with extinguishers) + £8.00 / delegate for accreditation for 7 or less delegates
If a second course is booked for the same day at the same location then the second course is half price.