People living in care homes have not given up any of their rights when they enter the home. Consent must be obtained before care is carried out or medication given. Sensitive care will involve working with the client to meet their individual needs, not imposing a regime on the individual to meet the needs of the business.
Max of 20 delegates
- To provide care staff with an understanding of the rights of their clients.
- To explore the causes of inequality and highlights the ways in which discrimination can be recognised and challenged.
- To stimulate discussion and inspire ideas to enable carers to meet the needs of individuals in their care.
- Develop an understanding of their clients Human Rights.
- Recognise discrimination and in-equalities and explore ways in which to challenge them.
- Develop appropriate anti-discriminatory practices.
- Develop a good understanding of the Rights and obligations of both Client and Carer.
- Develop good practice principles.
This 1 day Equality and Diversity Training course can be undertaken at your premises for a maximum of 20 delegates.
- Course content
- Clients Rights
- Human Rights Act
- Legislation, policies & charter
- Discrimination and in-equality
- Data Protection
- Case studies and group activities
- Good practice
- All employees
- There are no pre requisites for this course although a good understanding of English is required.
- Attendance certificates will be issued from Ashtree and can be used to provide evidence for Diploma’s in Health & Social Care levels 2 and 3.
- All course handouts are provided.
- Group price £310.00 + Vat for a max of 20 delegates
Group price £290.00 + Vat for 10 or less delegates