This half day course enables staff to recognise the signs / symptoms of the patient with epilepsy. It enables staff to deal with the situation in a calm / caring manner, minimising anxiety & considering the patients dignity and respect.
Max of 20 delegates
By the end of the programme participants will:
- Be able to define the different types of Epilepsy
- Understand the causes
- Recognise the signs / symptoms
- Know how to deal with the situation during / after the seizure
- Be able to recognise the possible patient specific triggers & develop strategies to reduce recurrence
- Understand how everyone has the basic human right to Dignity & Respect
In-house Epilepsy Training Courses are available for groups of up to 20 delegates
If 2 half day sessions of the same course are booked for the same day, the second course is half price.
- Course content
- Typical causes
- Different types
- Partial seizures
- Generalised seizures
- Nocturnal seizures
- General triggers
- Recognising seizures
- Signs / symptoms
- Action to take during the seizure
- Action to take after the seizure
- When to call for medical assistance
- Dignity & Respect
- All employees
- There are no pre requisites for this course although a good understanding of English is required.
- Attendance certificates will be issued from Ashtree and can be used to provide evidence for Diploma’s in Health & Social Care levels 2 and 3.
- All course handouts are provided.
- Group price £310.00 + Vat for a max of 20 delegates
Group price £290.00 + Vat for 10 or less delegates