Max of 12 delegates.
Our Emergency First Aid training course follows exactly the same syllabus as the Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) but excludes the theory test and written exercise, its been developed for small organisations who feel they need trained first aid personnel but have no requirement for them to be accredited at this level.
This 1 day non accredited course is designed for low risk environments such as the office, low hazard manufacturing / warehousing, health & social care and small to medium sized organisations where there is a need for “appointed persons” to assist First Aid at Work (FAW) trained persons.
The course is of 6 hours duration.
This course may be delivered at your premises for groups of up to 12 delegates. This option enables the course to be run on dates of your choice and with the content related specifically to your area of responsibility.
Successful completion of the course qualifies the certificate holder to act as an “Appointed Person” in the workplace.
- Aims and principles of first aid.
- What to do in an emergency.
- Recognition of emergency illness.
- Asphyxia – care of a choking adult, child & infant.
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation – including the safe use of AED’s.
- Assessment & treatment of wounds & bleeding.
- Assessment & treatment of burns & scolds.
- Treating an unconscious casualty.
- The Recovery Position.
- Treatment of the casualty in seizure.
- Cross infection & hygiene in first aid.
- The First Aid box & incident recording
- Anyone who wishes to gain an understanding of First Aid. Employees who will be required to assist “First Aiders” in the Work Place.
- All delegates need to be capable of undertaking some practical elements of the training whilst knelt down on the floor.
- The certificate is valid for 3 years and is issued as a non accredited certificate from Ashtree, the Health & Safety Executive strongly recommend delegates to attend a 1/2 day refresher course on an annual basis although this is not mandatory.
- A suitably sized room will be required for the duration of the course to allow for various practical sessions, we recommend the delegates wear suitable / comfortable clothing for this session.
- Group price £310.00 + Vat for a max of 12 delegates
Group price £290.00 + Vat for 6 or less delegates
What training dates do you need? Use the “Course Enquiry” button at the top of the page or call us on Tel 02476 403840