Max of 12 delegates.
This 1 day Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) course is full accredited and designed for low risk environments such as the office, low hazard manufacturing / warehousing, health & social care and small to medium sized organisations where there is no requirement for a First Aid at Work (FAW) trained person. Under the new regulations this course has changed from a Level 2 QCF and becomes Ofqual regulated (RQF) Level 3 accredited.
Ashtree offer the Ofqual accrediting system for EFAW courses, this replaces the HSE accreditation with the new Level 3 (RQF) Award in Emergency First Aid at Work certificated through our AO (Awarding Organisation). The syllabus & practical Assessment method remain the same but an end of course test has been included. Call us if you need any clarification as to which course you need.
Please note: We also provide the Emergency First Aid course which is exactly the same as the EFAW but is not accredited, we supply this course as an alternative for organisations that wish to have qualified “First Aiders” on site but in their opinion do not need them to be accredited. The HSE recognise this training providing a suitable “Needs Assessment” has been undertaken by the organisation, we can help you with this if you think this course is more suitable.
The course is of 6 hours duration.
Successful completion of the Emergency First Aid at Work course qualifies the certificate holder to act as a “First Aider” in the workplace.
This course may be delivered at your premises for groups of up to 12 delegates. This option enables the course to be run on dates of your choice and with the content related specifically to your area of responsibility.
- Course content.
- Aims and principles of first aid
- What to do in an emergency
- Recognition of emergency illness
- Asphyxia – care of a choking adult, child & infant
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation – including the safe use of AED’s.
- Physiological Shock.
- Assessment & treatment of wounds & bleeding
- Assessment & treatment of burns & scolds
- Treating an unconscious casualty
- The Recovery Position
- Treatment of the casualty in seizure
- Cross infection & hygiene in first aid
- The First Aid box & incident recording
- Any employees over the age of 16 can attend who wish to learn more about First Aid and take on the company responsibility to become a “First Aider”.
- There are no pre-requisites for this course although the delegates need to be capable of some practical sessions undertaken on the floor.
- The accredited certificate is valid for 3 years and is issued by our Awarding Organisation (AO). The Health & Safety Executive strongly recommend the delegate to attend a 1/2 day refresher course on an annual basis although this is not mandatory.
- A suitably sized room will be required for the duration of the course to allow for various practical sessions, it is a requirement by the HSE that all delegates are physically capable of getting down on the floor to undertake practical sessions. We recommend the delegates wear suitable / comfortable clothing for this session.
- Group price £320.00 + £5.00 / person for accreditation + Vat for 12 delegates max.
Group price £300.00 + £5.00 / person for accreditation + Vat for 6 or less delegates.
What training dates do you need? Use the “Course Enquiry” button at the top of the page or call us on Tel 02476 403840