This course enables the carer to recognise the signs / symptoms of both types of Diabetes and manage all situations in a calm / caring manner, minimising anxiety and considering the patients dignity & respect. It is an introductory programme that would be beneficial to anyone who has not accessed training on diabetes before or who is seeking to refresh previous training.
By the end of the programme, participants will be:
- Able to define the types of diabetes
- Understand the causes
- Aware of the possible complications & long term effects of diabetes
- Understand who is most at risk
- Recognise the signs / symptoms of both types of diabetes
- Be capable of treating the patient until emergency assistance arrives if required
- Understand how everyone has the basic human right to Dignity & Respect
In house courses for 3 hours are available for groups of up to 20 delegates.
If 2 half day sessions of the same course are booked for the same day, the second course is half price.
- Course content
- Typical causes
- Who is most at risk
- Different types
- Type 1
- Type 2
- The relationship between glucose & insulin
- Recognising the signs / symptoms of both types
- Action to be taken
- Complications & long term effects
- When to call emergency assistance
- Dignity & Respect
- All employees
- There are no pre requisites for this course although a good understanding of English is required.
- Attendance certificates will be issued from Ashtree and can be used to provide evidence for Diploma’s in Health & Social Care levels 2 and 3.
- Course handouts are provided
- Group price £310.00 + Vat for a max of 20 delegates
Group price £290.00 + Vat for 10 or less delegates