This full day course aims to provide an understanding of the different forms of dementia and the different methods of care required. The aims of the course are to help provide an introduction to some common aspects of dementia and to offer best practice guidance for those who care for Dementia sufferers and their families. The course will stimulate discussion and inspire ideas to enable delegates to meet the needs of individuals in their care.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand what dementia is
- Understand that dementia affects people in different ways
- Understand that quality dementia care focuses on what a person can still do rather than on what they are now unable to do
- Understand the importance of good communication in providing quality dementia care
- Be able to identify ideas and methods to improve the well-being of people with dementia in their care
- Be familiar with the 8 common core principles for supporting people with Dementia.
Our in-house course is available for groups of up to 20 candidates. The course duration is 6 hours.
- Course content
- Attitudes towards people with dementia
- What it might be like to experience dementia and the impact dementia has on others
- Causes, signs and symptoms of dementia
- Helping people with dementia retain their independence and skills, for as long as possible
- Communication with other care workers, people with dementia and their families
- All employees supporting people and their family with Dementia.
- There are no pre requisites for this course although a good understanding of English is required.
- Attendance certificates will be issued from Ashtree and can be used to provide evidence for Diploma’s in Health & Social Care levels 2 and 3.
- All course handouts are provided.
- Group price £310.00 + Vat for a max of 20 delegates
Group price £290.00 + Vat for 10 or less delegates