In order to be effective, staff must learn to be good communicators by developing the necessary skills using both verbal and non-verbal communication. People communicate through:-
- Facial expression
- Body language
Max of 20 delegates
By the end of the course participants will:
- Understand how to establish and maintain the trust and confidence of service users and colleagues.
- Understand the basic methods of verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Understand the responsibility of employees to report anything that worries them in the work environment.
- Understand the need for confidentiality
Courses are available at your premises for groups of up to 20 candidates.
If 2 half day sessions of the same course are booked for the same day, the second course is half price.
- Course content.
- How do we communicate
- What may hinder communication
- Aids to communication
- Communication with relatives
- Key to good practice
- Written communication
- Examples of poor reports
- Data Protection Act
- All employees.
- There are no pre requisites for this course although a good understanding of English is required
- Attendance certificates will be issued from Ashtree and can be used to provide evidence for Diploma’s in Health & Social Care levels 2 and 3.
- The 3 hour short course uses presentations, discussions and group exercises to aid understanding. All course handouts are supplied.
- Group price £310.00 + Vat for a max of 20 delegates
Group price £290.00 + Vat for 10 or less delegates