The term “Challenging Behaviour” is intended to remove the negative view of the client – the difficulty lies NOT with the client, but with the challenge their behaviour presents to you and those around them. This course trains your staff to break down those barriers and treat the clients with dignity and respect irrespective of behaviour. Challenging behaviour is any behaviour which is not socially acceptable and may cause distress, harm, injury or damage to property, whether intentional or unintentional.
Health & Social Care staff will be aware that some clients may exhibit difficult or challenging behaviours. It is vital that they are able to deal effectively with this behaviour, both individually and as part of a team in order to meet the changing needs of all clients.
Max of 20 delegates
Delegates will :
- Be aware of the effects of Challenging Behaviour on staff, other clients and the business.
- Be aware of relevant legislation concerning a safe working environment.
- Identify categories of Challenging Behaviour.
- Identify causes of Challenging Behaviour.
- Identify strategies for dealing with Challenging Behaviour.
- Be aware of the need for reporting and recording of incidents.
Our 3 hour course contains group discussions where delegates can develop strategies for identifying causes of and managing Challenging Behaviour.
Numbers on the course are limited to a maximum of 20 candidates to allow for the group exercises and discussions.
If 2 half day sessions are booked for the same day, the second course is half price.
- Course content.
- Negative effects of Challenging Behaviour.
- Categories of Challenging Behaviour.
- Causes of Challenging Behaviour.
- Signs of impending conflict.
- Assessing risk of violence.
- Dealing with Challenging Behaviour.
- De-escalation techniques.
- Reporting and recording.
- Staff support.
- Deprivation of Liberty.
- All employees who may have to support clients with Challenging Behaviour.
- There are no pre requisites for this course although a good understanding of English is required.
- Attendance certificates will be issued from Ashtree and can be used to provide evidence for Diploma’s in Health & Social Care levels 2 and 3.
- All course handouts are provided.
- Group price £310.00 + Vat for a max of 20 delegates
Group price £290.00 + Vat for 10 or less delegates