Max of 20 delegates
- To consider bereavement in its broadest context & to discuss current thinking, research & its application to practice.
- To explore with delegates their particular anxieties and difficulties within the care environment and to address these issues.
- To encourage and empower healthcare professionals in supporting the bereaved.
- To provide a framework for understanding the psychological, social and cultural nature of loss including theories of grief, stress, trauma etc.
- To provide the skills necessary to work with peoples’ loss including listening, identification of feelings and planning strategies.
- To provide the strategies and skills necessary to integrate loss and grief into the day to day work of healthcare staff.
In-house courses at your premises are available for groups of up to 20 candidates.
- Course Content.
- Types of loss
- Pattern of grief and mourning
- Signs of unresolved grief
- Communication skills and useful techniques
- Types of support
- Needs of a bereaved person
- Empathic listening
- Self awareness
- Service users and bereavement
- Responses to bereavement
- What staff can do
- Preparing someone for bereavement
- Procedures in the event of death
- All employees irrespective of position who are likely to come into contact with Friends or family of the bereaved. Employees who have the role of supporting the bereaved.
- There are no pre requisites for this course although a good understanding of English is required.
- Attendance certificates will be issued from Ashtree and can be used to provide evidence for Diploma’s in Health & Social Care levels 2 and 3.
- The course is for a maximum of 20 delegates and is 1 day in length.
Delegates on this course should be aware that topic discussions are encouraged, therefore some may feel various aspects of the discussions to be upsetting.
- Group price £310.00 + Vat for a max of 20 delegates.
Group price £290.00 + Vat for 10 or less delegates.