Basic Life Support Course – Max of 12 delegates
This 1/2 day course is designed to satisfy the requirements for Healthcare Support Workers (HCSW) & Adult Social Care Workers (ASCW) employed within the Health & Social Care Sector. It is the minimum qualification required to comply with the new Care Certificate standard 12 introduced in March 2015. This course complies with the requirements of The UK Resuscitation Council Guidelines 2015.
Aims & objectives – Basic Life Support Course
The candidate will:
- Be aware of the current Life Support protocols
- Be aware of the reporting procedures for accidents / illnesses
- Be skilled in Adult CPR
- Be practiced in dealing with Mild and Severe Choking
- Know when & how to use the Recovery Position
Ashtree Management Services Ltd are accredited with the HABC to deliver Ofqual regulated First Aid training and have been training First Aid at all levels to all sectors since 1990.
This 1/2 day course can be conducted at your premises for a maximum of 12 candidates.
If 2 half day sessions are booked for the same day, the second course is half price.
- The role / responsibilities of Carers in Social Care accidents / incidents
- Managing / reporting an incident
- Assessing signs / symptoms
- Casualty management
- Managing an unconscious casualty (Recovery Position)
- CPR and the safe use of AED’s
- Physiological Shock
- Action on choking to include wheelchair occupancy
- Heart conditions
- Any employees over the age of 16 who wish to gain knowledge in Basic Life Support.
All employees working as Healthcare Support Workers (HCSW) & Adult Social Care Workers (ASCW) employed within the Health & Social Care Sector.
- There are no pre-requisites for this course although all delegates must be capable of undertaking various practical activities on the floor.
- Full course handouts will be provided together with a certificate of competence which is valid for 1 year.
- A suitably sized room will be needed for the duration of the course to allow for various practical sessions, we recommend the delegates to wear suitable / comfortable clothing for this course.
- Group price £295.00 + Vat for a max of 12 delegates
Group price £275.00 + Vat for 6 or less delegates.
What training dates do you need? Use the “Course Enquiry” button at the top of the page or call us on Tel 02476 403840