Stress Awareness is a stand-alone Level 2 qualification which complements the Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace programme. It is aimed at raising awareness of likely sources of work-related stress, the range of symptoms / effects it can cause and the options available for its control. While the level of the qualification is aimed at general workers, it would provide a suitable introduction to the issue of work-related stress for more senior staff.
By the end of the programme the student will be able to:
- explain what is meant by the term stress and in particular work-related stress
- explain the importance of controlling stress in the workplace
- explain the typical stress related factors in the workplace
- identify stress in colleagues and themselves
- advise on and implement controls in the workplace to reduce stress
- monitor colleagues and themselves in relation to stress at work
- Course content.
- Definitions of stress
- Stress as an occupational health hazard
- Identification of basic workplace stressors
- Development of basic controls for work-related stressors
- Responsibilities imposed under UK legislation
- Initially this course should be offered to Supervisors / managers who are notoriously vulnerable to stressful situations and as result of their attendance could recommend additional general staff who could also benefit from understanding stress as an occupational health hazard.
- This unit of study can be delivered as a stand-alone qualification and there are no specific pre- requisites.
- Certificates will be issued by Ashtree Management Services Ltd as a non accredited unit and will last for 3 years.
- The course is designed to be delivered in 4 hours.
- Group price £300.00 + Vat for a maximum of 12 delegates
Group price £280.00 + Vat for 6 or less delegates