The carrying out of risk assessments has become an integral part of Health & Safety legislation. Employers need to ensure that individuals carrying out risk assessments are competent to do so. Competency does not require particular qualifications but involves a combination of knowledge, experience, skills and personal qualities.
Assessors must have an understanding of the workplace and work activities, a knowledge of the best practicable means to reduce risks and an ability to make sound judgements. A necessary precursor is that assessors have an adequate knowledge and understanding of the principles of and procedures for carrying out risk assessments.
The primary objective of this one day course is to give delegates an understanding of the basic principles of general risk assessment and the skills involved in applying the technique in the workplace. Whilst specialised risk assessments are not covered in detail, the basic skills and principles are transferable.
The course is for a maximum of 12 delegates.
By the end of the course delegates should be able to :-
- State the purposes for and benefits of utilising a risk assessment approach to the management of health & safety.
- State the basic principles of risk assessment and stages involved in carrying out risk assessments in practice.
- State the key legislative requirements on risk assessment.
- Carry out, record, monitor and review risk assessments within their own working environment, (subject to possession of the necessary technical knowledge and skills).
- Additionally delegates will be able to realise the limitations of their knowledge and will be aware of where to seek further information, guidance and assistance.
- Supervisors, or managers responsible for conducting risk assessments
- It is recommended that delegates should hold a Level 2 qualification in Risk Assessment or General Health & Safety.
- Certificates will be issued from Ashtree as non accredited.
- The taught course duration is 6 hours.
- Group price £450.00 + Vat for a max of 12 delegates
Group price £430.00 + Vat for 6 or less delegates