This 1 day level 2 course in Risk Assessment will enable delegates to acquire an understanding of risks in the work environment and how to contribute to the process of risk assessments under Health & Safety legislation.
The carrying out of risk assessments has become an integral part of Health & Safety legislation. Employers need to ensure that individuals carrying out risk assessments are competent to do so. Competency does not require particular qualifications but involves a combination of knowledge, experience, skills and personal qualities.
Risk assessors must have an understanding of the workplace and work activities, a knowledge of the best practicable means to reduce risks and an ability to make sound judgements. A necessary precursor is that assessors have an adequate knowledge and understanding of the principles of and procedures for carrying out risk assessments.
While not all employees will have to undertake risk assessments themselves, they are expected to always act to protect their own health & safety and that of others. Whilst specialised risk assessments are not covered in detail on this course, the basic skills and principles are transferable.
Ofqual regulated and recognised throughout the UK.
By the end of the course delegates should be able to:-
- State the purposes for and benefits of utilising a risk assessment approach to the management of health & safety.
- State the basic principles of risk assessment and stages involved in carrying out risk assessments in practice.
- State the key legislative requirements on risk assessment.
- Contribute to keeping a safe workplace.
- To become a “competent person”in Risk Assessment, a person should have knowledge of work activities, a knowledge of the best practicable means to reduce risks and an ability to make sound judgements.
- There are no pre-requisites for this course but it is recommended that delegates have a clear understanding of Level 2 Health & Safety Systems.
- Certificates will be issued to successful delegates on completing the course and final exam by the Awarding Organisation (AO).
- A 30 question multi-choice examination is undertaken at the end of the session, in order to pass, the delegate must answer at least 20 questions correctly. This course is for a maximum of 12 delegates.
- Group price £300.00 + £9.00 / person for accreditation + Vat for a max of 12 delegates.
Group price £280.00 + £9.00 / person for accreditation + Vat for 6 or less delegates.