This Level 2 qualification is designed as an introduction to hygiene and ensure that vulnerable people are not exposed to unnecessary risks. In the UK over a million people are employed as carers and millions more provide informal care and support for relatives and friends.
The Department of Health has drawn up a code of practice acknowledging that everyone involved in care provision needs training to tackle the risk of Health Acquired Infection (HCAI). This course is for employees who have already received basic health and safety training and would benefit from additional focused training in hygiene hazards and controls. This qualification delivers heightened awareness of the realities of health and social care practice and guides employees in applying knowledge of good hygiene to ensure that patients and clients are treated in a safe, clean environment.
- Provides knowledge necessary to prevent spread of infection in social care environments
- The first and only accredited qualification of its kind on the market
- Provides knowledge and understanding of:
- good hygiene practice
- hygiene hazards and how risks can be controlled
- the importance of good personal hygiene
- the importance of high hygiene standards and cleaning
- Successful candidates will gain exemption from attending part of the Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social care
- Course content.
- Hygiene hazards
- Personal hygiene
- Learning Outcomes
On completing this qualification candidates will be able to:
- understand the terminology used in good hygiene practice
- understand the concepts of hygiene hazards and how the risks can be controlled
- understand the importance of good personal hygiene
- recognise the need for high standards of hygiene and the importance of cleaning
This course would benefit carers and others who provide cleaning and support services in a broad range of contexts, for example:
- nursing homes
- care homes
- patients / clients own homes
- residential schools
- There are no pre-requisites for this course although a knowledge in Basic Health & Safety and / or Infection Control would be beneficial to the learner.
- This is a non accredited Level 2 course, certificates will be issued from Ashtree Management Services Ltd & last for 3 years.
- The course is for a maximum of 20 delegates. A good understanding of English is required.
- Group price £300.00 + Vat for a max of 20 delegates
Group price £280.00 + Vat for 10 of less delegates