Max of 12 delegates.
Most sudden cardiac arrests result from ventricular fibrillation. This is a rapid and unsyncronised heart rhythm starting in the hearts ventricles. The heart must be defibrillated quickly because a casualties chance of survival reduces significantly all the time the heart is in fibrillation.
This half day programme is designed to train delegates in the safe use of an AED, it is for a maximum of 12 delegates who wish to use the AED in their workplace. The course can be used as a bolt on for those delegates already qualified as First Aiders.
If 2 half day sessions are booked for the same day, the second course is half price.
- Course content.
- First Aid and CPR
- Background briefing on the necessity for de-fibrillation
- Basic heart function and cardio-vascular system
- Use of AED
- Introduction to AED and how it works
- Safety precautions
- Practical CPR and AED session
- Any employee age 16 or over wishing to further their knowledge in CPR with the use of an AED.
- There are no pre-requisites for this course although all delegates must be capable of undertaking the practical elements some of which are carried out on the floor.
- A certificate of competence lasting 3 years will be issued to all successful delegates. It is recommended that re-familiarisation training be given if the companies AED units are changed.
- This course will require the provision of a suitably sized room to allow all candidates adequate space to practice CPR and the use of an AED on an adult resuscitation mannequin. There is no end of course test; certificates will be issued on the basis of tutor assessment of the candidate’s skills throughout the course. It is recommended that delegates wear comfortable clothing as the course involves some practical First Aid exercises on the floor.
Group price £300.00 + Vat for up to 12 delegates max.
Group price £280.00 + Vat for 6 or less delegates
What training dates do you need? Use the “Course Enquiry” button at the top of the page or call us on Tel 02476 403840