Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Email Ashtree       |      02476 403840      |      Freephone 0800 9700 132

A:  All information changes over time. To keep up to date with the changing protocols, procedures and best practice guidelines as stipulated by the Health & Safety Executive and Resuscitation Council, all First Aid Training must be undertaken every 3 years. If you do not re-qualify at the end of 3 years your qualification will lapse. The recommendation is to refresh on an annual basis.

FAQs:  Food Safety Training is required by law for anyone who intends to prepare, cook, or serve food to the general public. Also, all employees working in a food environment where food is handled must be suitably trained. If in doubt regarding who has to be trained and at what level then please give us a call, we are more than happy to give advice.

We also provide accredited Food Safety courses which are entirely set up for online learning

Food Safety (e-learning)

A:  All of our traditional courses (classroom based) are delivered at our customers’ venues to a group of delegates. However we are preparing to provide “Open Courses” for small numbers of employees or individuals across various UK regions covering various subjects.

Unfortunately due to Covid 19 we have had to suspend our “Open Course” program for safety reasons, these wont be ressurected until we feel it is perfectly safe for trainers or delegates – we’ll keep you posted.

A:  All the prices on our website for traditional (classroom) training are for a group of delegates. If the course is accredited then we pass on the Awarding Organisations (AO) cost for the accreditation, this cost is based per delegate. We only have individuals pricing for open and e-learning courses .


  1. We could train your guys at the same time after hours at your venue over 2 evenings of 3 hours each


  1. You could book onto our “Open Courses” if you could find one in your area, we are preparing to roll out a selection of courses across various areas of the UK. Obviously we cant cover all courses in every town but we will try. As the employer you would have to show “due diligence” has been carried out stating the training conforms to your needs.
  2. You could book your employees onto an e-learning course which is either CPD regulated or fully accredited through Highfield Qualifications.

Food Safety (e-learning) courses

A:  Unfortunately no you’re not classified as a “First Aider”. You can only claim this title if you have undertaken First Aid training where the course syllabus is regulated by the Health & Safety Executive in conjunction with the Resuscitation Council Guidelines. The training doesn’t have to be accredited but as a business you must show “due diligence” has been performed when selecting the appropriate course and the training provider, we can help you with this if needed or we can provide fully accredited training through our Awarding organisation (HQ).

A:  Yes they are exactly the same course but the non- accredited course doesn’t include the exam & associated costs. With all workplace training it is dependent on the employer’s confidence in the ability to provide “suitable & sufficient” training in specific areas. It is the law that employee training is provided by the employer, the Health & Safety Executive place the responsibility on the employer to decide at what level this training is provided and to whom. The employer will carry out a “training needs assessment” to determine this, hence some employers will opt for the accredited version where the responsibility is taken by the training provider and Awarding Organisation. By providing an accredited course the employer will know his employees have reached a suitable level of knowledge / understanding by passing the exam. In our experience its usually the employer’s insurance company that stipulates it must be accredited.

We can now offer fully accredited e-learning courses through Highfield Qualifications.

Health & Safety e-learning courses.

A:  These terms can vary according to where you look, but generally if you want training in how to lift and move objects and heavy loads, you need to look for Manual Handling, whereas if you need training on how to move, lift or reposition a person, you need to look for Moving People Safely training, sometimes also called Moving and Handling of People.

A:  This all depends on what you’re making, how its made, where its made and who makes it. Generally all workplaces need to have assessed the need for qualified First Aiders and Fire Marshals. All employees across all sectors need to have some form of Health & Safety, fire awareness training. If the factory makes / packages food then Food Safety training, if you have any warehousing facilities then Manual Handling, if you are using any chemicals then CoSHH training. In a Care home you have to consider Safe Moving of People, infection control, medication awareness.

As you can see the mandatory training required changes with the sector. Full responsibility & accountability rests with the employer to have “suitable and sufficient” training in place.

We can deliver these courses on a face to face basis in the form of traditional training or using online technology as full accredited or CPD regulated e-learning courses.

Why You’ll Love Our Services

Affordable, dedicated, family run business…

  • Skilled Trainers

    experienced skilled team of trainers and consultants, able to develop individual training programmes whilst maintaining excellent communications

  • Long Term Relationships

    we pride ourselves on developing long-term relationships with all our customers to assist them meet their statutory obligations and corporate goals

  • Experience

    established in 1990, our experience means we deliver the most cost effective, industry specific, accredited training

  • The Latest Training

    professionally qualified trainers who are experts within their chosen fields, monitored annually to ensure up to date product knowledge

General Enquiry

Get in touch with a member of our team…

Training Office
16 Harpenden Drive
Allesley Green

Head Office
13 Ruskin Close
IP14 1TY